Message from Jailer Broyles.
SCDC has temporarily implemented the following operational changes in an attempt to prevent the exposure of staff and inmates to the Covid19 (Corona) virus.
- VISITATIONS BY THE PUBLIC AT SCDC ARE SUSPENDED. Inmate phones are still available for inmates to use. I am working to ensure each inmate has the capability to make at least one weekly call to family or friends;
- SCDC LOBBY is closed. If you need to come to the jail and make contact with jail personnel, use the speaker to the right of the lobby doors;
- ALL VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS AT SCDC ARE SUSPENDED; church, AA, NA, GED
- ALL UNNECESSARY INMATE APPOINTMENTS OUTSIDE OF SCDC ARE SUSPENDED;
- EVERYONE ENTERING SCDC MUST IMMEDIATELY SANITIZE THEIR HANDS UPON ENTRY;
- ONLY OPERATIONALLY NECESSARY PERSONNEL WILL BE GRANTED ENTRY TO SCDC;
- ADDITIONAL SCREENING METRICS FOR INCOMING INMATES;
- INCREASED SANITIZING AND CLEANING ROUTINE AT THE JAIL;
- THE INMATE COMMUNITY WORK DETAILS ARE SUSPENDED;
Any changes to the current policy will be posted on fb and our website at scottcountydetentioncenter.com. Please feel free to contact any member of my staff should you have any questions.